Uninsured motorist, the most confusing Auto Insurance Coverage

Uninsured motorist, the most confusing Auto Insurance Coverage
  • By Michael
  • September 28th, 2016
  • no comment

I often get questions from my clients to explain what uninsured motorist coverage is. Many would think that the explanation
is in the name, but this is not 100% correct. Although yes, it does cover you in case of being hit by an Uninsured driver
there are stipulations and exceptions to this coverage.

First off, is in necessary? Easy answer if you live in So cal, YES!! The coverage is so inexpensive and with an estimated 1 in 4
drivers being uninsured in Southern California it’s a no brainier.

There are two parts of the UMBI/UMPD (uninsured motorist bodily injury/ uninsured motorist property damage) Coverage.
Let’s look at the UMPD coverage. If you get hit by an uninsured driver or an under insured driver and you get their information
you will be covered up to the limits of the coverage. It is vital that you get the other parties information! if you do not get
this the coverage will not apply. In the case of a Hit and Run by getting the other parties license plate number you will now
qualify for the UMPD coverage.

UMPD (uninsured motorist property damage) will cover your cars damage up to the limits in the case of a hit and run or uninsured
driver crashing in to you. if you have full coverage (comprehensive and collision) this coverage will cover your deductible and
you will pay nothing out of pocket for the repairs to you car. If you have Liability only, it will cover up to you limits
usually $3,500 in property damage.

So what have we learned? Get the info! at least the license plate number so your UMBI/UMPD coverage kicks in. Have a great day and
always remember, for great rates and amazing service click for a free quote today.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *